The Setting: Georgian Androgynous White-Gold Band with Yellow Gold Prongs
- 18K White Gold with UK Hallmark
- 30mmx10mm Visual Top Dimension
- Extra-Wide Seal-Style Men's/Women's Ring
- Three Single Prongs in Yellow Gold
- Total 1.00 carats of 50 conflict-free diamonds in VS (or better) and color G (or better)
- 11.75 gram (incl. gems)
- Size USA 7 (re-sizing free of charge)
Comment: Though not often seen anymore, this design reminds me of those family seal rings used in old times, only that it is a pear ruby and not a dragon or lion-head posing as signet. Massive yet elegant and finely crafted with two soccer-fields filled with high-end diamonds on each side. Prongs and the first level basket are wrought in yellow gold and add the little one-of-a-kind sign that sets it apart from the China factory. With its compact shape the ring may be considered male or female, IMHO.
- Unheated Madagascar Ruby 1.54 carat
- Pear: 8.87x6.21x3.60 mm
- Cut: Brilliant/Step
- Color Grade: Very Good
- Tone: Medium Dark 70
- Color Zoning: None
- Clarity: Lightly Included
- Cutting Grade: Very Good
- Depth: 57%
- Brilliancy: 50%
- Origin: Madagascar
Certificate: GIA 7142073042
Overall Grade: Very Good
Comment: Pear ruby with full 'no-heat' GIA report. Eye-clean, flawless and richly colored in rose red. No window. On magnified images and under the lens you may study pink and purple veils though they remain invisible to the eye. Handshots must be re-made, please ask if you are interested.
Ask a Q.