The Setting: Three-Level Pyramid-Halo With Split Shank
- 18K White Gold with UK Hallmark
- 30mmx20mm Visual Top Dimension
- Double Shank with Channel-Set Diamonds
- Four Single Top-Round Corner Prongs
- Total 0.81 carats of 116 conflict-free diamonds in VS (or better) and color G (or better)
- 4.20 gram (incl. gems)
- Size USA 6.5 (re-sizing free of charge)
Comment: A sea of 144 sparkling brilliants surround a magnificent center ruby on three levels: builiding upwards from a simple basket connected with spilt shank band, each channel set with more diamonds down to the meeting point between upper and lower shank. The design is uniquely appropriate to the ruby's depth (see below). Obviously, ultra posh and yet focused on the center stone.
- Unheated Vivid Red Mozambique Ruby 2.02 carat
- Oval/Cushion: 9.53x7.73x2.90 mm
- Cut: Brilliant/Step
- Color Grade: Excellent
- Tone: Medium Dark 75
- Color Zoning: None
- Clarity: Lightly Included
- Cutting Grade: Very Good
- Depth: 37%
- Brilliancy: 25%
- Origin: Mozambique
Certificate: GRS2011 070109T
Overall Grade: Very Good
Comment: Over two carats but with a four carat face-up of almost 10x8mm. In many other stones this would indicate a window but the GRS 'vivid red' glows throughout the center with no weakness. The classic trade-off between a shallow cut and a giant face but without a nasty see-through effect. Full GRS report with the best color-grade ('pigeon blood' in Burmese ruby) and origin. Additional handshots must be re-made.
Ask a Q.