The Setting: Romantic Flower Design with dangling pear Rubellite in single Halo
- 18K White Gold with UK Hallmark
- 25mm long and 10mm wide
- Wide solid double split-shank
- Yellow Gold Prongs
- Total 0.69 carats from 106 conflict-free diamonds in VS (or better) and color F (or better)
- 4.49 gram (total and incl. gems)
- Size USA 6.5 (re-sizing free of charge)
Comment: A delicately shaped flower design with a myriad of diamonds provides the head for a pair of pear shaped rubellites. The main stones are surrounded by a single halo with bigger diamonds and held by three yellow(!) gold prongs. A mix of Art Nouveau and airy Edwardian design. See detail images and read about the gems below. Obviously a festive pair of earrings but not to the extent that it would seem misplaced for daily wear. The hand-made closing clip mechanism ensures that they stay safely in place even if you drive the ball 250 yards from the tee.
- Unheated & Untreated Brazilian Rubellite 3.44 carat
- Shape Round: 9.36x7.22x4.45 & 9.55x7.01x4.56 mm
- Cut: Mixed/Step
- Color Grade: Excellent
- Tone: Medium Dark 70
- Color Zoning: None
- Clarity: Very Lightly Included (see comment)
- Cutting Grade: Excellent (precision cut)
- Depth: 61%
- Brilliancy: 55%
- Origin: Brazil
Certificate: WGI 9624103014
Overall Grade: Excellent
Comment: Two cut-to-match intense red tourmalines (rubellite) from the famed Brazilian Cruzeiro mine. Practically loupe-clean as in WGI report but I did find some minute needles under the lens, so they got a 'very lightly included' in our draconian grading. Though there is a good deal of glitter and gold around these two gems take the center place with their deep pure and lush red with just a hint of purple. Finest rubellite, in old-mine quality, cut with modern precision, no inclusions, no window, no treatments; the best.
Ask a Q.