GRADING REPORT HRU546
- Identification: Natural Unheated & Untreated Ruby
- Carat: 5.46
- Shape: Heart
- Measures: 10.90x11.35x5.77 (millimeter)
- Color Grade: Very Good
- Tone: MD75
- Color Zoning: None
- Clarity: Lightly Included (silk)
- Cutting Grade: Very Good
o Brilliancy: 33%
o Depth: 53%
- Origin: Vietnam (in contradiction to GIA)
- Treatment: None (GIA's 'surface wax' is not a treatment but residue from cutting, confirmed by GIA and now wiped off with a warm cloth)
Treble Certificates No:
- GIA 1137142757
- TGL 20070662
- AIGS 10070284 (see more images)
Overall Grade: Very Good
Comment: With big untreated rubies becoming seriously rare, we are honored to own this old-mine Vietnamese ruby from the 60ies (though GIA certified as 'East Africa', we stay with Vietnam). Three lab reports with three time confirmed "unheated" from GIA, AIGS and TGL, all globally respected gem-labs, the first in the USA, the second in Bangkok, the third in Japan. The lab reports document the path of ownership with each new owner demanding a new report for a five carats ruby. The always-red hue comes with a silky translucent sheen. Fortunately, it has no visible dark spots or other colored inclusions but is simply undisturbed red with a secondary purple and orange. Obviously, a size destined to be set in a loving pendant. See violet fluorescence under 'more images'.
P.S. If you like fresh orange in your red and don't mind to reduce the damage by $15k at the same time take a look at this equally miraculous wonder.
P.P.S. P.P.S. The fact that we have two five carat heart shapes in our inventory does not mean they grow on trees but is simply a miracle.
Ask a question.