GRADING REPORT PPALR061
- Identification: Natural Alexandrites
- Carat: 0.61 (0.31 & 0.30)
- Shape: Pear
- Measures: 5.35x3.57x2.06 & 5.42x3.59x2.27 (millimeter)
- Color Change: Excellent / Strong
- Tone: Medium Dark 80
- Color Zoning: None
- Clarity: Semi-Translucent
- Cutting Grade: Good
- Brilliancy: 10%
- Depth: 58/62%
- Origin: Masvingo, Zimbabwe
*Treatment: None or Surface-Oil-Only (see comment)
Certificate No: DSEF CB 080016
Overall Grade: Good+ ('+' for the pair)
Comment: Last matched pair of alexandrites from Fort Victoria, Zimbabwe. The almost 100% color-change is the main strength of these gems, in mixed light they show a blue-purple (as in main image), turning green in pure daylight, and deep rose red under incandescent light. Pretty identical colorchange and face dimensions in this pair. The inclusions, or rather opaqueness, and the dark tone make such color-change affordable even for a budget project. We can offer a pair of earrings for $1.200, gems included, plus reports, shipping, 18k gold, and all extras.
* P.S. DSEF has detected minor surface oil in the last lot that they checked. Before, we did not have this result (not from DSEF nor from IGI) and these gems all come from the same source and supply-path. We assume that either DSEF has raised its standards and that some oil or wax has been left over from the cutting or polishing process. We do not consider these residues a 'treatment' since they were not done, nor resulted in, any enhancement of the gems.
Drop us a line.